Friday, April 5, 2013

Mixed Metal Chevron Necklace TUTORIAL

Lately, my jewelry designs are all about what's going on in the fashion world and the latest styles and trends. And of course, right? Jewelry and fashion inherently go together. They are one in the same. Jewelry and clothes both serve as vehicles for us to express ourselves and our personalities. More than ever I'm into clothes and expressing my own personal style. I get giddy to put my jewelry creations together with my outfits. I want my jewelry designs to be relevant with styles I love to wear myself and what other women want to wear, too. And with being a designer for the ever-so-hip Ornamentea, it's now officially my job to stay current and on-trend :) I wouldn't want it any other way. 
One motif that I've seen popping up that I'm just loving is the chevron! I think chevrons are here to stay, people. This long, swingy necklace will keep you looking chic and oh-so-stylish. Find the tutorial to make it here.

Ingredients

- 22 Silver-plated 12mm bugle beads
- 6 Copper-plated 12mm bugle beads
- 14 Antique silver 3" headpins
- 1 yard of antique copper 2x4mm cable chain

Tools

- Chain nose
- Round nose
- Cutters


1. Convert all the headpins into eyepins by trimming off the heads and creating a loop at one end as shown.
 2. Use one eyepin to string one copper bugle bead and one silver bugle Bead; form a simple loop. Repeat 5 times. Use one eyepin to string 2 silver bugle beads; form a simple loop. Repeat 7 times

 3. Cut a 2" piece of chain. Attach 1 loop of a silver beaded link to one end of the long chain and the other loop to one end of the short piece of chain. Skip the second link in the chain. Attach 1 loop of a silver beaded link to the third link in the long chain and the other loop to the third link
in the short chain. Continue attaching the beaded links to the chain in the same manner following the photo shown.

6 comments:

  1. what a great design Erin! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool design! Thxs so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jewelry always has a hip vibe. You make such current pieces that feel relevant. I haven't broken into that mold yet, I think. I love chevrons and this one looks very easy to make! Thanks for sharing your creativity and journey with us. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love this necklace design, Erin! Thank you, again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin... I just love all your DIY jewelry designs. The perfect swingy necklace for springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erin,

    What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of scrap chevron crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/chevron-crafts/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...