Saturday, November 2, 2013

Shades of the Past photo shoot

A local friend and photographer asked me if I wanted to have some of my jewelry pieces included in her photo shoot. Would I like pictures of my jewelry gracing the necks, wrists and ears of gorgeous models in an amazing location? "Um...YES! Sign me up, please!" I even got to be there on location the day of the shoot and play 'Stylist' on the set. The shoot was called "Shades of the Past". A passion project between my friend, Monica Bushor and another talented photographer, Mat Lavigne. More photos from the entire shoot can be viewed at www.shadesofthepastphotos.com. The photo shoot had four different themes or genres: Roaring 20's, High Fantasy, Modern Formal and Medieval.

Roaring 20's style photo shoot
 Gilded Gold Tassels Necklace and Earrings - 20's style photo shoot
 Gilded Gold Tassels Necklace and Earrings - 20's style photo shoot

 Hemlock Forest Necklace - 20's style photo shoot
Hemlock Forest Necklace - 20's style photo shoot

Champagne Shimmer necklace - 20's style photo shoot

High Fantasy photo shoot
 
Turning Leaf necklace - Earth Fae photo shoot

 Turning Leaf necklace - Earth Fae photo shoot

Fire Goddess necklace - Fire Fae photo shoot

Stormy Winds necklace - Wind Fae photo shoot

Stormy Winds necklace and bracelet - Wind Fae photo shoot

Modern Formal photo shoot
Champagne Shimmer necklace - Modern Formal photo shoot
Champagne Shimmer necklace - Modern Formal photo shoot

Midnight Pearls necklace and earrings - Modern Formal photo shoot

Midnight Pearls necklace and earrings - Modern Formal photo shoot

Misty Lilac necklace and bracelet - Modern Formal photo shoot

I'm grateful that Monica invited me to be apart of her special project. I had so much fun collaborating with her and the rest of the team. I will be working with them again on future projects. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun project! I love each and every piece of yours. Your jewelry fits in with all times and themes! Fun to see. I'm looking forward to seeing future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin I saw these over on FB and gasped! they are stunning, and unique, and so you! how wonderful to have your work featured this way

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! I love how all the jewelry pieces are different, but still true to your personal style. It must have been a dream come true to see the finished photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful - the jewelry, the photography - everything! Wonderful collaboration all around!! And what fun this must have been, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was just too cool! I can't believe how well each piece 'fit' the costumes and model...bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful - a great representation of your beautiful jewelry!! I love the Turning Leaf necklace - hard to pick a favorite - they are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of the jewelry I wouldn't have necessarily paired with the theme, but seeing it executed is just wonderful! Those are some great shots and the jewelry looks perfect! I love the Champagne Shimmer necklace! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was an amazing post! It took me out of this world and transported me to another reality that mixes high fashion and the forest! Erin, your jewelry was the perfect touch to each costume and added that special glimmer of adornment each woman needed. Thank you so much for sharing, both your talent and the talent of your friends photography.

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...